Saturday, February 26, 2022

Yellowstone Dolls

     Sometimes I get an order for somewhat unusual dolls that are not that unusual. This pair is meant to be a couple of the characters from Yellowstone, which I have never seen but now kind of want to. But it will have to wait. I still have almost 14 seasons of Supernatural and the rest of season 3 of In the Dark. Anyway, Beth Dutton was not unusual really, but her hair did take a bit of extra time. And it is definitely bigger than I wanted it to be. But you do what you can do in 1:9 scale. Rip Wheeler is also pretty much a basic doll, he just needed a coat. And that coat sure did give me issues. It was not a complex piece, but the first one I made was way too big and bulky, would not lay right, and was beyond frustrating. So I decided to just make a new one. Sometimes you really do just need to start over for everything to come together properly. They worked out in the end and I am pretty pleased with them. 
     I realized months ago that I pretty much have no time to read any blog posts during the week. I end up catching up on the weekends, or every other weekend. Apparently my life really has gotten so busy that I can't manage to read a couple of new posts a day. That is just one of the things I can't really fit in regularly. I also sometimes can't fit in any reading of books or leisure activities. Not that I really have a good definition of leisure activities, lol. This past week I managed to keep up on the blog reading pretty well. It was nice.
      So my break has been excellent and productive. I am hoping I can continue on with at least some amount of doll work. Though I am almost sure at this point that I am either rescheduling or canceling my March live sale. We'll have to see how things turn out in another couple of weeks. 
 

No comments: