Friday, February 25, 2022

Cowboy

    The other day I was laughing about the word "vacation". I still don't really know what that means. The dictionary says it is "an extended period of leisure and recreation, especially one spent away from home or in traveling." Well that didn't help. More words I don't understand. Leisure... nope, apparently that is not in my vocabulary.

    I had a week of from school and that really just meant that I had time to do other things. And space in my head for happy thoughts, like not having to get up at 5:00. That is a very happy thought! I spent several days working on purging different areas of my house. Mostly it was a hobby purge. I did not go through everything in great detail, so I will have to do more in the future. But I got a good start on things. I do still need to get photos of most of it and eventually get them listed for sale. But today is not that day. Anyway, the purging has been going well and so has doll work. Though yesterday I did have a lot of struggles. I just did not want to work. I did work, but I also took a bunch of breaks. I shoveled snow as well. And since it was the churned up plow stuff, AND had been coated in freezing rain (or something... ice pellets?) it weighed a lot. I did a ton of squats in my driveway. But I got that plow line cleared out so Ethan would be able to get back in the driveway when he got out of work. And I got a workout I didn't want.

     Anyway, I have in fact managed a bunch of doll work this week. I have been twitchy about it several times and took a lot of breaks. I wanted to do the work, sort of, but I also wanted to just read. But work must go on. One of the dolls I was working on at the beginning of the week was this cowboy. He has on the order with the hunt seat rider and also should have been done a week or two ago. I have just really been struggling to do anything. I do kind of want to know what it's like to have real time off. But then I also wonder, what would I do with it?   
    So the cowboy got finished and the customer asked if I could tweak some things with his shirt. I did manage to get his collar open a bit (it fought me, but I won) and I added the pockets. I do really like the look of the pockets. They may go on more shirts in the future. Or likely, I will mean to put them on and forget. But I think it's a good look. 
        I did get a good amount of sorting and extra cleaning done this week, and got a bunch of dolls done as well. I have not been slacking off. I also never really felt like I had too much to do, or that I was not doing well at the things I tried, and basically I felt like I had so much time. And I did a lot. But it never felt like the days were crowded, if that makes sense. 

    So I guess, "vacation" is not feeling like I have no time for anything. "vacation" is sleeping decadently late (7:00 or 8:00 a couple of times!) and going to bed super late (like 10:30). "Vacation" is not stressing about the time, or how much I have gotten done, or how much more there is to do. I really have enjoyed my week off from school and I am kind of bummed I have to go back on Monday. Can we just have another week off?

 

 

No comments: