Saturday, February 19, 2022

Motivation Killers


      Yesterday I meant to start going through things and purging again. But instead we had a very important home project that needed to happen right away. In the cold. And the wind. There was also a bit of snow. But we got it done and hopefully we are done with that. Which would be great. 

      What I wanted to do yesterday, and what I was sort of mentally prepared to do, was go through things to get rid of. I have a whole ton of LuLaRoe clothing in the back of my car (because I have no room to store it inside) that I don't wear and would like to rehome. I have some of it listed on ebay, but it has been there so long, and I only sold a couple of pieces, I am about to the point of just putting it in a donation box so it will go away. I have another batch (also in the car) that I never found motivation to get sales photos of, the thought of doing ads is mentally crippling... so I am thinking of taking some quick and hopefully not horrible photos to just send them to a few friends. And then, donation box. I want my space back. The clothes are taking up valuable space. 
      I am also going to sell a bunch of horses. I am going to list my Firefly and Hawkeye, my Breyerfest Ansel and Dani, and probably a couple more, as well as some stablemates. I may sell a bit of tack, or potentially some props, I haven't decided just yet. But I want things to go. But before that can happen I need to get photos of them. Being out in the cold for a few hours pretty much killed my motivation to do anything.
      I did manage to make Ethan a birthday cake. His birthday was on Thursday, but both of us were at work, and we have different schedules, so I only saw him for a couple of minutes before I left for work. Adulting is weird. He said after proper research he will choose not to work his birthday next year. I said that I am definitely not going to work on my birthday if I can help it. Every year I have gone in to school on my birthday some kid, or some class, has found a way to make it horrendous. I have enough of those days without it also being my birthday. So, we'll see. 
     So my plan to dig things out to take photos of them, so I can list them for sale, just didn't happen. But I still have a week before I have to go back to school. Maybe I can find some time and motivation to get some projects done. 

3 comments:

Adah R. (Spotted Dreams Studio) said...

What platform will you be using to sell?

Anne Field said...

I have no idea. I often start with a post of things on my studio page on Facebook though.

Adah R. (Spotted Dreams Studio) said...

Oh, okay. I don't have FB, I was hoping you'd use MHP or MH$P. :) Good luck finding someone to love them! Firefly is so gorgeous. :)