Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Hair and Prizes

      One of my favorite things is getting my hair done. Or really, even just having my hair brushed or played with. I don't get my hair done all that often. I think the last time was February. I used to be really good about keeping up with my hair, and then I just started to slack. Which is sad, since my hairdresser, Tracy, is a good friend of mine. I met her in a salon, we became friends and I followed her to other salons. Now I just go to her house to get my hair done. Travis also loves her. And Tracy has always been so good with Travis. It was funny to see his completely ignoring the new grand daughter though. Travis has pretty much no interest in babies. 
     Tracy has magical powers and is the only person that is allowed to cut Travis's hair. He would rather it never get cut. Ever. But a trim, at least once in awhile, makes it more healthy and less prone to tangling. 
     I had Tracy bleach my hair again and bring up the level. Now I have a lot of real estate for fun colors. But at the same time, I had a lot of really, really odd colors before I added the fun colors. Tracy was horrified when I said I was going to do the colors myself. She didn't want me to go out in the world looking like a hot mess. And I did. I am not going to share how my hair looked, there is no photo evidence of the full head, but this was how my ends looks. Actually, kind of a cute color. 
       I didn't keep my crazy, super-bleached look long. I got out my tools and fixed the mess. It took a surprisingly long time to get all of the colors in my hair. 
     But the results were pretty good. I started with teal on top, then went to blue, purple, magenta and then pink. The back needs some touch-ups, but I do like how the colors blend into each other. And I have SO much space for fun colors now!
     In other news, I got a package from Enterprise Props. Some of the things are for me, but I added a bunch of things for prizes for my next live sale. I do love prizes. The sale in March is going to be full priced, not discounted, but I will still have games with prizes and I will likely offer some discounts as prizes as well. I just love prizes! I also will most likely have some items at a discount, but I am going to keep what they are as a surprise. 
      It's still early in my vacation, but I am already having a lot of fun. I have a great time hanging out with work friends on Friday, I got to see Tracy and I don't have to get up at 5:00, which is the best! I was introduced to Jeffree Star YouTube videos, and I have been enjoying them. His makeup looks are too much for me, mostly because I only do eyes, and not full face, but I am looking forward to more makeup reviews. Maybe I will find some other good brands to try. I am a big fan of Urban Decay, but there are tons of brands out there. Soon though, I really need to get back to doll work. 

No comments: