Monday, October 18, 2021

Actually Saddlebags

     I have been struggling to get through doll work for a bit now. I have an especially hard time with saddlebags because I really don't enjoy making them, which I have mentioned before. But the other day I finally got a few sets finished and ready for my next live sale. There is a nice dark green set. 
       A teal set that has a bit of a pattern to the material. I really like this one a lot. 
    There is a red set, which also looks nice with some of the saddlebag stuff coming in red. 
    And a purple set which is not the typical purple color. The photo makes it look very purple but it is an interesting color that is hard to describe. I will try to get a more accurate picture of the colors of these sets before they go up for sale. 
    I may or may not make any more saddlebag sets before the sale. These 4 sets come with the traditional bags, which open, the set of pommel bags, which are non-opening props, and the extra horn bag which you can choose to use or leave off. They also come with a map, a hoof pick, an emergency poncho, a bag of trail mix, an apple, first aid kit, and cell phone. The first aid kits are different from how I have made them before. I like this style quite a bit and may keep making them this way in the future. 
     I do have 6 more finished sets of the saddlebag stuff so I am a little closer to being able to have more finished sets if I choose to make more bags. And I might. I still may also make a couple bigger sets that also have a backpack and hoodie with them. Some people like sort of a one-stop shopping experience where they can get a bunch of matching items all together. So I am thinking about those. What else would be good to add to a matchy-matchy set like that? Saddlebags with all the stuff, a backpack, hoodie... I am totally drawing a blank on anything else. It might be fine with just those things. Anyway, for now I have at least these 4 sets of bags and I may get some more finished before the sale. This week I might start on some dolls. Stranger things have happened. 
 

2 comments:

timaru star ii said...

Congratulations. Those do look like a lot of work. I'd imagine jogging peacefully along a trail and reaching back into one for an apple or mouthful of granola or a look at the map...

The matchy-matchy question makes me say 'ear nets' and then 'fly nets' but that's without thinking. Water bottles?

Anonymous said...

Water bottles! And a dog collar. And a saddle pad. And a ball cap! and so much more lol