Sunday, October 31, 2021

Western Dolls

    The Field of Dolls black Friday live sale is coming up in just about 4 weeks. That is not a lot of time. I am feeling a bit behind. I do have a decent variety of the small items done, but up until the end of last week, I didn't have a single doll finished. I have honestly been thinking that maybe I would focus a bit more on the smaller items for this sale. And I still might do that, but I do want to get some dolls finished. 
     I have a huge batch of dolls in the prep work stage. Which is partially why I don't have any dolls finished. But finally I have these two Western dolls ready to go. I also have 2 more Western pleasure dolls currently in the works. I believe one will be wearing red and black and the other will be wearing purple and tan. Both will be dolls of color. My goal is try for an equal mix of black and white dolls. Imagine that, doll equality. Maybe life can imitate art some day soon.
     Part of why I have been thinking about doing more smaller items for my next live sale is those items are only available during my live sales. I don't do custom orders for any of them, but I will make you any doll you want to order. I do want to have at least some dolls available, so my plan is to make a bunch of dolls and then potentially go back to working on the smaller things. We'll see if that happens. 
     I have not settled on a time for the live sale just yet, it will be semi-live like the last one, and will be on Friday, November 26. More details coming soon!
 

1 comment:

timaru star ii said...

That pink doll is a real beauty. Or maybe I'm just partial to bling.

I think your approach is fine; not all sales have to be alike. Each should reflect what needs selling at that time.