Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Letter Home- Projects

     Continuing my series of letter from my doll, Little Elecktra, as she visits with friends all over the world she is still in Canada with Terri Wright. All of the photos and some of the post were written by Terri (I changed, added to, and embellished some of it!)

     Hi Mom!
       We were busy today finishing off various projects. I learned some electrical stuff today too! These lamps are made of LED lights. You have to twist and twist and twist the wire until they are tight to make a good connection. Then cover them so the wires stay in place. Sort of like when you helped Gramps build the motors for the lasers (true story, I used to build electromagnetic motor parts for fancy cutting lasers for my father-in-law).
After we put the lampshades on it is time for the fun part!
     I felt a bit like a mad scientist when I was connecting the lamps to the power supplies. Just imagine it's night, with a wild thunderstorm and an evil laugh, muah ha ha!
     Even though Emmie knows what she is doing, and is an excellent teacher, it is always exciting when the lamps work!
We also finished off the upholstered chair, after we finished playing sword fight with the legs, lol!
     There are a lot of steps to building furniture, especially if you make quality pieces. I hope everyone who gets these tiny pieces appreciates them. I know you do, you are almost a tiny furniture hoarder mom! (I do not have a wingback chair in my collection, which I feel is a terrible oversight on my part)


        This time around I was the first quality control tester. There were no cats to jump in the chair first so I tested it for comfort. It was amazing, just as all of the furniture that comes out of Terri's workshop is amazing. 
     After we finished up with the chair Emmie started showing me a project she was working on. But she wouldn't tell me what it is for! No matter how I asked and begged, Emmie grinned and said it was a surprise. It's apparently a big secret. So I guess I have to wait. This is going to be painful, you know how impatient I am!

      This letter has been packed with all sorts of news this time around. I am pretty tired from all of the hard work on the various projects. I think I will go and relax. And ponder what the big secret is with Emmie's mystery project. I'll write more soon. 
     Love,
         Little Elecktra

1 comment:

timaru star ii said...

"Sword fight with the legs"

This is my favorite saying today!