Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Good Mail Day

     Yesterday I got two small packages in the mail. Both of them make me incredibly happy. The first was a pink Poppy! A friend traded me for my blue one. So now I have another pink medallion for my growing pink medallion collection. I need to find a way to display them. That would be fantastic. The other thing I got was some of the miniatures basketballs I ordered! I ordered these from a couple of different places, not knowing if any of them would arrive on time. I need them for my dog sets and shipping is so iffy and can be slow these days. I had no idea if any of these would get here before my live sale, but these came finally. So now I can put the dog sets together and have another type of thing finished and ready for the sale. Progress. 
     I missed a couple of days in my shipping plan for getting the prizes out from the Field of Dolls Online Fall show. The original idea was to pack and do postage for 4-8 people a day. That did not happen on Monday, or Tuesday. So yesterday I asked Elecktra if she would help me. We got together the class prizes, door prizes, and goody bags, got them into bubble mailers, and did all the measuring and weighing. I also bought the postage for 8 more packages. So I am getting there. And now all of the packages have the weights and measurements on them so doing the postage is quick. I should be able to get some more done tomorrow and then likely the rest on Friday. Unless I forget. Also, someone may be missing a goody bag. Or I may have made an extra. We opened and checked a bunch of packages and then I had to just let it go. 
     Doll work is back and forth. Monday I worked on prepping some heads while I did the laundry. Tuesday I started dressing some dolls and made it really far on 3 of them. Yesterday I started dressing a 4th doll (why? I haven't even finished one!) and I haired two more heads. Nothing had gotten finished. I THINK today I can paint a bunch of faces, finish decorating the first western pleasure doll, and the second, put a pocket on a hoodie, a couple of hats on the western dolls... and then I should have 4 dolls finished. And a bunch more stuff prepped for more dolls. Many pieces of dolls have been happening, but I have not finished anything in a bit. I need to soon. 
     Things are starting to arrive to people for the first offering of the miniatures club. That makes me happy. I got all of those items shipped, finished judging my show, wrapped up the prize awarding and livestream, finished judging the Mares in Black Spooktacular, and I am about halfway through shipping prizes from my show. Almost all of the extra things are off my to-do list. Dolls are coming along, dog sets are ready to be put together. Things are starting to look up. 



 

No comments: