Sunday, October 24, 2021

My New Pets

      Everyone who reads these posts knows that I have been struggling. Struggling with motivation. Struggling to manage to do all the things I have to do. Struggling with not getting things done. All of it. It's hard. I have way too many things going on. Slowly I am starting to finish some of them up. Slowly I am starting to feel a bit better about things. 
     Friday I had a work plan for after school. I was going to come home, work on sewing some of the 12 outfits I got cut out on Thursday, and then I was going to pack the things from the miniatures club. But when I got home my brain said I just needed to get the miniatures club stuff done. So I did, I got them shipped, and a resin I sold, had a horrible time out in the world after that, and was in a bad headspace. 
    After supper I decided I would put on a movie I have seen 100 times (so I didn't miss anything if I didn't look at it) and I would sort class prizes from my show. That took an hour and a half. I made two mistakes and don't know where exactly. And I am not going to try to fix them just yet. I know they were in halter. I may be able to figure them out before I ship. Or maybe whoever is missing a 2nd place and 5th place prize can let me know and I will ship those separately. I am not sure yet. But I got all of the class prizes sorted (an hour and a half for that) and I was feeling better. 
     Saturday I decided that, weekend or not, I needed to catch up a bit on doll work. So my goal was to do some of the sewing and work on at least getting primer on my pets. I have several pets that need painting. Including this super adorable Mushu. 
     I also have a cat I got from ebay and a laying down German Shepherd that needed prepping. I didn't look him over carefully yet, but I think Mushu is basically perfect and ready to be painted. The cat too I think. The Shepherd will take a bit more work. He has some pinholes that need attention. But I did get some work done on my pets. This is a project for me. I just want to paint my pets. But I am so burnt out on prepping that it is hard to talk myself into it. 
     I also managed to work for about an hour on sewing. I got 6 of the 12 outfits done that I cut out the other day. I can work on sewing the other 6 another day. Breaking it up seems like a good idea. The very next doll thing I do will be to take all of the prepped stuff and finish a doll. Any doll. I think that will really help my mental health to finish something. 
    Another thing I am planning on doing is breaking up the shipping from the Field of Dolls Online Fall show. I want to get everything packed and out asap. But I have done the marathon pack and ship stuff before, many times. I can't do it this time. So I will work on batches of packing and shipping. I am hoping to have everything out within a couple of weeks. That seems like a reasonable plan. 

 

1 comment:

Danielle Feldman said...

Breaking up tasks into manageable chunks seems the way to go (note to self - I have to remind myself any progress is good progress.) No hurry on shipping out my show goodies, I'm happy to wait!