Sunday, October 3, 2021

Sylvester

     We have a lot of flamingos. And not just a flock of very similar birds, but a nice variety of them. We have 3 different styles of larger birds, 1 or 2 smaller ones (I am not sure anymore, they keep deteriorating), a planter decoration with flapping wings, a pinwheel flamingo, and more recently a wind chime with a pinwheel flamingo on it. I was at Joann's the other day buying glue and saw this guy. He had to come and join the flock. His name is Sylvester and he is awesome. Saturday Travis and I did some weeding under the pine trees and I put Sylvester right out front. He is the only member of the flock that has actual legs, instead of wires, and I love that the design has him standing on one leg. He may be my new favorite. Don't tell the others.
     Sylvester came home with me on Saturday and Saturday was also a good mail day. I entered the Mares in Black Spooktacular Photo Show 2 and I was in need of some spooky accessories for my performance photos. The performance class list is technically traditional, but each of the classes has a spooky twist to it. I have already entered a whole bunch of regular performance pics but my goal is to get at least one set that has spooky elements. These little skeletons should help. 
     Saturday was also a fun day for me because that was the day Ethan asked Elecktra to help him cook supper and told me to go away. OK, can do. So I went and found a silly movie (The Hustle) and Ethan taught Elecktra some more advanced cooking tricks. They both got to discover just why I don't make the low carb garlic breadsticks that often. They are delicious, worth the effort, but they are definitely not easy! The tomato/basil/cream sauce with shrimp was excellent. The presentation was awesome, and all of this was still low carb!
    The Field of Dolls Online Fall show has been extended until October 9th. If you were thinking of entering you have until then to get your entry in to me, and your photos into the show. Uploading ends at 11:59 pm on Saturday October 9th. Judging will begin on Sunday October 10th. There will be a live stream of part of the results and door prizes on Saturday October 16th. I hope to see you there!

 

No comments: