Saturday, October 2, 2021

Tiny Photos Challenge

     I imagine that the title of this post likely makes it sound like there is a challenge for tiny photos. Which does sound intriguing. But really it has to do with the challenge of taking photos of really tiny horses. This Scarlett is a micro mini. Which means she is maybe a little over an inch long. She is amazing, but she is also amazingly tiny. I managed to get a pretty good photo, but when it is blown up larger, as it would be for a photo show, it gets a bit blurry. And then my iPhone loves to show things in weird detail. So her lovely paint work does not look as lovely in my photos. 
     Hugh Can Do It is a Hugh micro that I painted for NaMoPaiMo a few years ago. He is pretty nice, but when I was nearing the end of his paintwork I managed to get something stuck on him. It is now part of him and the not-perfect paint work shows in glaring detail when the photo is larger. 
    My micro Mira is absolutely stunning in real life. But when I take a close up photo, and then blow it up so much more than life size, she looks a bit grainy. Which she is not. Over Breyerfest I purchased multiple professionally painted micros. They are amazing... in real life. In photos it is super hard to catch the accurate detail. 
    Moving into mini is a bit better. My mini Croi I got from Stephanie Blaylock (also during Breyerfest) looks nice in the photo. I brightened it and did something with color balance (I think) but there is not really a wow factor to it. I don't know how to make it better. 
    mini Barnaby (also by Stephanie Blaylock) looks nice too, but his photo is also missing that wow factor. It's a nice picture, and even blown up larger than life size he looks good. But something is off. Something is missing. 
      I am hoping to enter some micro and mini halter horses into the Mares in Black Spooktacular photo show, but so far I can't get a really great photo. It is not easy to stand out in a halter class and I really am not sure of the trick for it. But I will keep on trying. For a bit, I don't have forever to get these done. 
 

No comments: