Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Sort of Saddlebags

     There was no school on Monday, which worked out well for Ethan. He needed to pick up some parts for his van, which was in pieces in the driveway, and it was so much easier to take my car to get them than to see if he could get the motorcycle to started (it's been a bit). He doesn't like leaving tools out totally unattended (they are super expensive, I get that) and asked if I could sort of keep an eye on them. I figured I would sit outside and also that the perfect plan was to gather up some material, and my patterns, and finally cut out saddlebags. I really don't like making saddlebags. They have a ton of steps and take a long time. But I got 4 sets cut out Monday morning and Monday afternoon, after laundry, I got 2 sets ironed. Then I had to get into some judging for the Field of Dolls Online Fall show. There were 2 halter classes that each had almost 350 entries in them! So I have had to take some time to work on judging. I am slowly making my way through. 
     Tuesday right after school I got the ironing on the other 2 sets done. I was making progress! I started working on phase one of gluing and got all 4 sets to the stage where I need to cut out and apply all the lining pieces. Then I had to stop and do some more judging. 
     Yesterday after school I was super tired and had a bit of a nap. Then I struggled to talk myself into getting up and doing anything at all. But I didn't NEED to lay in bed and play on my phone. It didn't even sound interesting, just easy. So I finally got up, gathered my materials, and got started on cutting out all the lining pieces for the 4 sets of bags. I managed to get all of the bags put together, with the mesh pockets (wait, those happened on Tuesday) and I got the bottom pieces shaped. Still not done, but they are getting to be sort of saddlebags. 
     Judging for the show is also ongoing. I have made it through the halter classes and I am working on performance. Everything will be done and ready for the livestream on Sunday. As long as I can get a download of the full results from admin, which they said I can get. I don't know how much work it will take to figure out who is who (will they come through easy to read with the entrants names? Just the OMHPS username? I have no idea) and if everything is too complex to read I will have to push back the livestream by a week. Because as much as it pains me to admit it (not really though, lol) I am only human and sometimes I just don't have enough time to do everything. 

 

1 comment:

timaru star ii said...

Sort of human. Sort of shaped like saddlebags... errr... ummm...

We love you even if there's too many jokes around here...