Sunday, October 17, 2021

Field of Dolls Online Fall Show Updates

     Apparently I am a blog slacker. I pretty much always have a post scheduled from the night before and I am actually sitting here Sunday morning writing this one. Why is that? Because I am overwhelmed and tired. And I forgot. I saw a post on Facebook yesterday where someone was saying that most artists get burnt out but they don't talk about it. They talk about not feeling like painting, but not about burnout. I laughed because I am abnormal in that way too I guess. I talk about burnout all the time. I talk about how I am tired, have too much to do, can't seem to get things done, and yeah, about being burnt out. I could keep talking about that but I will talk about the show for a bit. 
     Yesterday I posted in the show Facebook group that the results livestream would be delayed until next Sunday. I just don't have time to cram every bit of the work I have left for the show into yesterday (I was busy) and this morning (just not going to). So instead of pushing myself until I couldn't function at all I decided to give myself more time. And you know what? I don't even feel bad about it. Yes, I had show dates planned and published months ago. And then I extended the entries by a week. And then by about another half of a day. Now I am going to be more fair to myself than I usually am and I am giving myself an extra week.
    So now actual updates and things you can do while you wait for the results next Sunday. Yesterday I got the spreadsheet of the results for the show, from the OMHPS admin. It was a super easy way to see the results! I copied the charts of each division and put them in a Word document, took out the column which said what the entry was (I think this was just performance) and left the columns for horse name, owner's username, and judge. So you will be able to see not only the placings of your horse(s) but who judged the class. It may have 2 small mistakes since I concluded a couple of the classes that Jennifer judged. I will have to go back and look. 
    The next thing I did was make myself an excel spreadsheet from the entry forms. I have my master list with everyone's name, OMHPS username, email address, and physical address. Next I made myself another list that was just names and usernames. I printed out this little list, folded it in half so I was just looking at usernames, opened up my results, went down the list and wrote down every placing they had in the show. This step is actually very long. But I am getting there. 
     So what can you do while you wait for the results livestream? You can go and look at your results on the show page. Some people have already been  checking them, OMHPS sends you a notification when a class is placed that your horse is in. But you can also go and look at the show. To see the top placings you would go into the show and choose the division you want to look at. I am picking performance (because it's me). 


That brings you into the page where you then click on performance again.

    Which will then bring you into the page that has the list of all the classes in the performance division. Choose the one you want. I am starting with class #1. Pleasure and Fine Harness. 
Once into the class page you can click on See results, which brings you to the results page (which looks very similar but has the placings)

    This was the only screenshot I thought to circle the part you are looking for. But anyway, you can actually see each and every entry to the show by clicking on it which will make it full sized. I don't think there is a gallery function to just click through all of them at full size. 
     I know some people were asking about how to see the entries, which is something many people really enjoy about photo showing (or model horse showing in general) and I hope this makes it easier for everyone. Full results, with champs, will be emailed out to everyone after the livestream next weekend!


 

1 comment:

Beth Rappleyea said...

Is the show open for everyone to see the places now?? Or do you have to still have an account to sign in?