Saturday, October 9, 2021

Breyerfest Part Ten?

     There are a lot of things that are considered bad luck, depending on what hobby/event/thing you are talking about. Green motorcycles are bad luck (in street bikes anyway, racing bikes might be different). Yellow shirts are bad luck in western events. Question marks in a title are considered to be bad luck in Hollywood. Which is why the movie Who Framed Roger Rabbit does not have a question mark, even though it is a question. That is completely irrelevant other than I put a question mark in the title of this post. According to Hollywood superstition, that means the post will tank. 
     If you are on Facebook in any hobby groups at all (or even if you are just friends with a lot of hobby people) you will see that there was a lot of delay with Breyerfest shipping. CCG, the company that has been shipping for Breyer, does not seem to be super great at shipping. Orders were not consolidated, tiny things were put in huge boxes with little to no packing, the weights were grossly overcharged. Then there are all the supply and shipping delays that are just typical for right now. There has been a lot of complaining but I have not minded. My stuff from Breyer itself took a while to arrive, but it did all arrive safely. The things I bought from artists during Breyerfest are still arriving. Which is why I called the post Breyerfest Part Ten. The question mark is because I honestly don't know how many different Breyerfest related packages I have received because I didn't keep track. The latest package was this trio of micros from Brigitte Eberl. They are lovely. I also have a super overabundance of micros and may need to consider letting some go. Even tiny things take up space. When you have enough of them they start to take up more space than they should. 
       I did not work quickly this week on live sale stuff. I'm tired, kind of unmotivated, and I just don't want to work. I go to work, come home, and often I just can't do any more. Or I can only talk myself into doing a little more. I did manage this batch of hoodies at least. I love how they all look excited (yay!) when they are laying down. Little ridiculous things amuse me. 
      I am feeling that I am starting to get a bit behind on getting things done for the live sale. I am also starting to think that I may need to rethink my plans and just kind of go with it. But I can't stop working totally, that would be financially irresponsible. But I am enjoying taking things a lot easier. Soon I will definitely need to ramp up my working hours!

 

2 comments:

Emily said...

My event Stablemate finally found its way here from America which was super exciting. Love the detail on the micros.

timaru star ii said...

I have never heard of yellow shirts being bad luck in Western. Does that make me proof against them? Self-discipline in the self-employed is an ever-changing target, but you seem to have managed pretty well so far.