Friday, October 22, 2021

Prep Work

     I'm still not getting anything done really. This week all I managed was dremeling some doll bodies, making 4 pairs of chaps, and cutting out 12 outfits. I also managed to do a bit with hairing some heads. So yes, I accomplished some prep work, but nothing got done. Not even the prep work. Every time I have good intentions to get home from school and get things done something gets in the way. Or I am just too tired. 
     Yesterday I decided I had to get the October miniatures out for the miniatures club. My boxes came in and I am running out of October. I figured I would feel better if I got that task off my list. Nope. I do not feel better. It turns out that going out in the world was a horrible life choice. The post office was fine (though getting everything packed and the labels done was back to super frustrating. But then I decided that while we were out we would go to the grocery store for a few things. well... they rearranged the store since I was there last, the registers don't work, someone tried to pull out of their parking spot (into my car) without even looking at all. On the way home a school bus was letting kids off so I waited. The kids were done going where they needed to go, the bus put the sign down, I started to drive... and a kid darted out across the road (from the bus!) in front of my car! Why would the bus put the sign down if the kids were not done crossing? That is what the sign is for! And who taught that kid to cross the street? Super bad mood. After all that I just wanted to get home and stop being out in the world where apparently everything was broken and people had completely forgotten how to drive. Or be safe in any way. 
     Anyway, the miniatures club stuff that I needed to do is done. I don't have to ship anything else for that until January. But I still have to sort prizes for the Field of Dolls Online show and do the livestream. The livestream will be tomorrow at 4:00 ET on the Field of Dolls Online show page on Facebook. Once I get the prizes all sorted and the live done, I still need to pack everything to ship and get the shipping done. So that is really 2 more really large things on the to-do list. I am also currently judging medallions in the Mares in Black Spooktacular show. Because apparently I am bad at realizing when everything will be happening all at the same time! But I managed to get some judging done in school. I was covering a DLT (study hall) and there was literally nothing I had to do other than tell kids that yes, they could go and use the bathroom. So I judged some medallions. And it was HARD. Some of the classes have been very challenging. There are some REALLY nice medallions out there!
     So to wrap up, I am picking away at things but not getting anything done. And I have too much to do. It sucks. I think (hope) things will get better soon. 
 

No comments: