Friday, October 8, 2021

Dogs, Prizes, and More Prizes

      I had a really good plan this week. I was going to start by sewing all of the dog beds and putting the dog sets together for the Black Friday sale. I got some slightly thinner batting/foam for the beds and I now like them even more than I used to. My unpainted German Shepard seems to like them too. I did finish up all the dog beds, so what is the problem? The problem is while I had the dog bowls, the dog food bags, the dog food, the beds, the dog bones, I did not have enough balls or toys to make the sets. Poop. I tried really hard to find US sellers for the things I needed, but that wasn't happening. So I ordered the things from overseas. Because of the issues with shipping, and container ships waiting their turn to come into port, those things very likely won't come in time for me to put the sets together. I guess we will find out. I guess if it comes down to it I can either not offer dog sets or just slightly smaller dog sets for a slightly smaller price. We'll see what happens. 
     I did get mail this week, for sure. Among other things, I got my prizes from the Resin Futurity. Mocha Latte got reserve champion in the western division. She got herself a pretty rosette, which I currently have hanging on my calendar, and a small horse pouch. I love the colors on the rosette and the pouch!
       On the back is also the name of the show and Reserve. While I don't often use the pouches I win at shows I do love winning them. And there are times when my super padded pouches run out and I need some extras. Travel pouches definitely make for a good show prize. 
     Speaking of that, I got these lovely haversacks in from Lynn Isenbarger. They are for the Field of Dolls Online Fall show. The entry/loading period was extended by a week. Today is the last day for uploading and then judging will start on Sunday. I regret my decision not to have class limits, lol, halter is going to be brutal!
      The Field of Dolls Online Fall show is wrapping up but there is still some time to enter the Mares in Black Spooktacular show. I believe the deadline for that one is October 15th. I have some photos in but I am hoping I can get some fun themed photos this weekend!
 

4 comments:

Sarah Warren said...

Happy Saturday! Did I miss the post that said where that German Shepherd resin came from?

Anne Field said...

There was no post about where the German Shepherd came from. I bought it from Alea Ubor.

Valerie Lacayo said...

I will have my photos in by the deadline, probably at 11:50🤣 I am a up to the last second kinda gal! I love the German Shepherd's. I lost my beloved GSD in 2019, suddenly. I wan one of these sets.
If the remaining items if the set don’t arrive by the day of your sale, will you sell like an add on set later, when the items come in?

Niki said...

If you have photos of the pieces you're missing from the dog sets, I might be able to find something close on Thingiverse and print some for you. They won't be exactly the same and they'll need to be painted, but they'd get you part of the way to complete sets at least.