Saturday, March 19, 2022

A New Day

      Recently, I have done something that a few years back I never imagined I would do. I sold some of my horses. Now I have sold plenty of horses over the years, but not usually horses that I have had for a very long time, that I have had a great time showing at one time or another, usually just horses that I don't love or don't show well for me. But last week I listed Enchanted Eve for sale. And she has a buyer. So this lovely lady is no longer mine. My favorite showing with Enchanted Eve was when I had my side saddle that Jennifer Buxton made. I had some really tough times years ago and has to sell that set, so pretty much she has hung out on the shelf. 
      Just a couple of days ago I did something that I was pretty sure I would NEVER do. I sold Bootlegger. I had him listed and within a relatively short amount of time I had an inquiry. I said yes, and then I cried. Real tears for my toy horse. Some of it was from relief. He is going to an amazing person who will love him and show the crap out of him, I am sure. She also gave me a buy-back offer, in case I have buyer's remorse. And I know her and I know she is not a scammer who will claim the horse has issues and demand her money back. So many scammers these days!
                               
       I have shown Bootlegger quite a lot since I got him. I have enjoyed owning him, but I have been neglecting him for years now too. I would photo show him, but just with pics I already had (I did get one new photo, about 2 years ago, which was fun!) and I rarely took him to live shows. And really, the last live show I went to was in 2019! I have been reminding myself a lot lately that these models are toys. Lovely art pieces, but the way I use them, they are toys. And toys are meant to be played with. That is what I learned from Toy Story. 
      So I am a bit sad I sold one of my favorite horses, but I do have other horses. I have horses that I show much more consistently, when I do feel like showing. I am fine now. But it is still a little surprising to me that I sold him. I remember having a conversation years ago (so many years ago!) I think with Darleen Stoddard, and saying he was a never sell. Well, never say never. I may also go after the tack room again. 

    Yesterday was a super lazy day for me. I didn't do a whole lot. I finished a book, started another, watched a movie with Ethan, and went to Staples to buy shipping material for Bootlegger. I went through a bag of hobby stuff in the car, and I am pretty sure that the random small things are going to go to someone for a super bargain price, just to move the stuff out. I need to get around to getting a photo. And I think I am going to sell my Breyer tent set that I bought and have never used. Other things might go as well.

2 comments:

Adah R. (Spotted Dreams Studio) said...

I know what you mean. It's so sad to let go of your favorites. Bootlegger was my favorite of your collection! Followed by Enchanted Eve. :)

timaru star ii said...

Whoever got him is a lucky owner! Good for you. It's okay to shift to a more selling phase,... says I, with 400+ head to organize...