Sunday, March 20, 2022

Packing Peanuts Are Expensive

       Since Bootlegger was an expensive horse, he needed to have very safe travel accommodations. So I went out and bought a brand new (overpriced) box and a couple of bags of packing peanuts from Staples. Packing peanuts are so expensive! They were "only" like, $7something a bag, but the bags are way smaller than they used to be, I am almost sure of it. I used to be able to ship probably 2 traditional sized models with one bag of peanuts. Now it takes 2 bags (plus an extra shopping bag of saved leftover peanuts) to ship a model. True, I did not need a box quite this big for Bootlegger. But I wanted to make sure he had plenty of space and a box that was a bit larger seemed better than one that was maybe not quite as large as it should be. I know there are arguments against boxes that are too large, but I think this one will be great. I put an entire bag of peanuts down, then the wrapped horse, the NAN cards (I didn't forget them!) and another full bag of peanuts. The box didn't pass my shake test (I could hear stuff moving too freely) so I added a grocery bag of peanuts and that is good. So everything should be set for Bootlegger to have a nice safe trip to his new home. I am over being a bit sad about it. Packing him up wasn't even hard on me, I just made sure to do a really good job. It's been a bit since I have shipped a resin.
    So my yesterday was pretty good. I got Bootlegger off to his new home (I love that Staples has 7 days a week UPS drop off AND they gave me coupons!). I went over to help Elecktra with some stuff in her apartment and that was really great. She has been struggling to get things organized and still had a lot of stuff (still does) in boxes. Unlike a lot of people starting out, she has A LOT of stuff. We went to those estate sales and got her so many things. So she has ALL the pots, pans, dishes, glasses, mugs, silverware, and bakeware. And some still needed to be washed so it could find it's place. So I got down to it, had her get me things as needed, or move things, broke down boxes, made good use of space, and at the end of about an hour (maybe) things looked a whole lot better. It's cool what happens when you break down the shipping boxes and move stuff to the edges of the room, lol. 
    The weather has been a bit better lately, and while nothing amazing is expected this week, I think we are finally creeping into Spring. And I am ready for it!
 

No comments: