Thursday, March 3, 2022

Western Pleasure

   I mostly think I don't want to do custom orders anymore. I go back and forth about it often, and I can't seem to just decide to stop. I am getting a lot closer to it every day though. I already have way too much going on in a day and when a customer doesn't like something I have created for them, with very little guidelines other than the colors and not liking geometric designs, it sucks. Worse is when they like it and 2 hours later decide they like everything except the design I created. I do not need the stress of trying to remake the doll in a different way, still not knowing if it will be approved, and my policies clearly state that I reserve the right to cancel an order. I said that I was pretty sure I would not be able to make a doll they liked and I refunded the deposit. They then threw a whole bunch of ideas out, while I was at work and had no time to look at messages, and rounded it out with "aren't you being a little unreasonable?" The answer to that is no, I am not. Because there were a lot of red flags telling me that this order was going to end up being way more complex than it looked on the face of it. I also have other reasons for canceling this particular order, but mostly it was because I don't need the stress. Not to say that everyone has to love everything I make, that's unreasonable. But if you know what you like, and what you don't like, you should start there. 
     So I listed this lady for sale on my Facebook studio page and she sold pretty quickly. I do really love how her top turned out! The stems are actually cut from ultra suede. It takes a ridiculously long time to cut curved pieces of ultra suede that are fairly uniformly even. 
     I like the back of her jacket even more. I was really sad that the long ponytail covered up most of the design. So I gave the buyer the option to have the hair left alone or put up. 
We ended up with put up. I like this little braided bun. Very classy and shows off the design very well. 
      I am almost there now. I just need to get through today and then it's the weekend! I am incredibly happy about that. I need to not have to wake up at 5:00 in the morning. I need to not work incredibly hard to hear heavy sighs about how things are too complicated (um, you have ALL the answers to your quiz in front of you, you just have to look... and read) or be asked why they have to show their work in math. They know why. Anyway, a couple of days break from the super hard work of school and the near-constant teenage drama will be quite relaxing. Is it almost vacation yet?

 

1 comment:

TxMiniatureHorse said...

She's amazing!

And yes, make what YOU want, and I guarantee someone else will love them, too!