Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Body Work

     Well I did it. Yesterday I managed to work on rebuilding the body for the youth doll I need to make. Right out of the box the Breyer youth dolls are really not very good. They are often loose-jointed, they don't ride well, their ankles don't bend, they look like kids, but also have boobs... the list goes on. So what I do is basically destroy them to make them better. After all, matter cannot be destroyed, it can only change form. Making a Breyer doll change form take a lot of work. 
     I have remade Breyer dolls in multiple ways over the years. This is just the way I am going to do it this week. I cut off the ankles, and took a small chunk out of them. They were weirdly long anyway. I drilled a hole all the way through so I would be able to put the feet back on with some sculpting wire. I will add more foot to the feet before I get the boots on too. The boobs came off, the arms came off and got remade. So many things happened to this doll to help her be a better doll. When she is finished and dressed she will ride nicely, be able to bend at the ankles, hold her arms down properly at her sides (instead of having her elbows sticking out) and be able to look up for over fences (or just where she is going). She will be a much better doll. Maybe I can finish getting her dressed later today. Stranger things have happened. 
     Yesterday was a decent day at school. The classes went well, the kids worked hard (pretty much everyone!) in all of their classes. I had participation in the classes where I asked for it. My wild class was pretty good overall. Not a bad day. Full moon tomorrow. I wonder how today will go, lol. 
 

2 comments:

Adah R. (Spotted Dreams Studio) said...

Congrats on your Breyer workshop! I'll be taking that one for sure!

timaru star ii said...

I do love your statement 'stranger things have happened.' Best of luck, now.