Saturday, March 26, 2022

The Ugly Stage is Real

     I have an unusual doll in the works again. Sort of medieval, sort of fantasy. This particular doll means I need to make armor again. And making armor requires fire. And craft foam.
    These few pieces took several hours to make. Doll armor is pretty cool looking, but it sure takes a lot of time to make. Still, this was good progress.
    I managed to also get some color on the pieces. You need more than fire to turn craft foam into armor. You also need metallic paint. These look better in any lighting that is not my nighttime kitchen, but I am definitely pleased with the progress.

     This doll is part of an order for 2 dolls. I decided to start with the harder doll. The other should be much easier, will take less time, and there won’t be any risk of burning myself with that one. I’m hoping I can make decent progress tomorrow.
 

No comments: