Monday, March 28, 2022

Editing Takes Forever

     Yesterday I didn't have school. It was a full day professional development, but since I am actually a paraprofessional, who just happens to be teaching right now, I didn't have to go to that one. So I worked on my Breyerfest workshop video. I am sure there are people who are SHOCKED that the workshops have been announced and I am only just making the video now. But I am also sure there are people who are impressed that I worked on it "already", lol. 

     My workshop is on my easy on-off splint and fetlock boots. I have not made the boots in years, don't think I want to anymore, so I had no problem deciding to give the patterns to Breyer, and make a tutorial showing how to actually make the boots. Here are some notes on things:

     My phone and my laptop don't play nicely together. Often. It took over an hour to upload a handful of video clips, the longest being just over 16 minutes. I could not load them directly from the phone to the computer. I had to do a workaround and load them to Google Drive (from an app on my phone) and then download them from Drive to my computer. Huge pain, huge annoyance, huge time suck. And then there is editing. It takes a lot of time. Especially if you want to do at least a reasonably good job. Up until this point I have edited exactly one video; my Breyerfest how to use dolls seminar from last year. Last year I was learning to use the software so that was a special kind of hell. This year I mostly remember how to do everything I need to, so things are a bit smoother. And I know better how to record to have what I need. If you screw up what you are saying, "reset" as best you can to where you were when you messed up, and say it again. Some slips stay, makes me sound more human (but am I really???) some things will definitely get fixed. 

     So way too much time on the computer, lots of time working on this workshop in one way or another, and I all of a sudden have a set of fetlock boots and skid boots that I do not need. Seems like the perfect time to have a give away! I like comments so please, comment something on THIS post. Tell me what you like about my blog, your favorite part of Breyerfest, or something you are looking forward to doing if it ever gets warm (Gail, I know it is already warm by you. Can you feel my jealousy?). I will then use a random number chooser and pick a winner, who then just needs to send me their address, and I will send them the boots. 

     Fun fact, it's my birthday. I took the day off for my mental health. 
 

7 comments:

Adah R. (Spotted Dreams Studio) said...

๐ŸŽถ Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you

Happy birthday to Anne Field
Happy birthday to you

From good friends and true
From old friends and new
May good luck go with you
And happiness too. ๐ŸŽถ

And this one just because: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IDWk183xE4

๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽŠ๐Ÿฅณ

Now. What I like about your blog. There are too many things to list.
Let's start with real. You are real, and you show your problems. You don't hide them away so you can be some magical person. You're real, and that makes you relatable.
Second. Consistency. I know that, every single morning, there will be another blog post. That takes serious work, and I think I speak for all of us when I say we are extremely grateful.
Third. Eye candy. I can't make a post about things I like without mentioning all the pretty ponies. I appreciate that you take photos and share them for us. That also takes time and attention. Thank you.
Fourth, talent. You are extremely talented, and I love to see the work in progress photos and get inspired to start a new project (or get back to finishing an old one).
There are so many more things, but I guess I shouldn't take up a whole comment page lol.


As for BF, I'm looking forward to buying a Chablis and doing your workshop. My favorite part is the archive tours. (I'm an online attendee.)

This summer, I'm getting back in the arena and riding until me and the horse are both soaked with sweat. I'm doing some barrels and poles, and we are getting back into shape. My dog is learning jump poles, and my guinea pig is losing some weight. (Yeah, my summer is very exciting ๐Ÿ˜‚)

Thank you Anne for being such a blessing to this hobby. Happy, happy birthday.

Adah Richards
Spotted Dreams Studio

Lawrence Nichols said...

Happy Birthday! Good luck with your video, I am sure that it will be a big hit! I would love to attend Breyerfest again, in person, it has been a long time and it was such a great experience. I thin a Region X roadtrip would be in order!

Unknown said...

Abby Durf Bay ๐ŸŽ‚
I love reading your blog!
Thanks for all you do for our hobby. You make it more fun and entertaining❤

Mary Ann said...

I feel very happy that I have a couple sets of your boots already, especially if you're not going to be making them any more. They helped me get 2 seconds in very rough competition last weekend - yay! I'm really looking forward to your workshop. Maybe I can make my own boots then - I need more colors!

mbutler500 said...

Happy birthday to you. I used the set of boots I bought from you this past Saturday and the pony earned a 1st and 2 2nds. He would have won the division, but I didn't have time to remove his tie down. I would love to get another set.

GJ Berg said...

Happy birthday!! Yes, it's warm, but I will be heading to the nearby mountains to escape the heat in July (for Christmas in July, with Santa!) to sell my wares. Which means I need to start making/designing (more) interesting things for that sale! (Just got in some beads so my next creation planned is some reindeer earrings.

Emily said...

Happy Birthday. I love how regularly you post, I read your blog every morning. Last year was the first time I ever got to 'go' to Breyerfest so I am really looking forward to there being an online aspect again this year. As a southern hemisphere dweller, I am looking forward to it cooling down. Being able to work with my real-life ponies in times other than the late evening and early morning.