Friday, March 18, 2022

Something Different

     Yesterday, in chemistry, we did something a bit different. As in, we did the same thing we have been doing, counting atoms in compounds, but we got up and moved around to do it. I taped up the problems all over the room. It gave everyone the opportunity to get up and move around during class. Or to put it another way, it forced people to get up and move around during class. Most of them really liked it, though the change of perspective messed with them a bit, they were forgetting how to do the different types of problems. But everyone seemed to have fun. They worked hard, asked for help when they needed it, and helped each other out. And that student is not on her phone, she is using the calculator to do part of the work. It was a good class and overall a really good day. Even my class that is often doing their best to give me an aneurism was super good yesterday. I liked it. I wish all the days were like that!
     Yesterday was a glorious 74 degrees, sunny, and just perfect. Even at 10:00 at night it was still really warm out. Tomorrow is the first day of Spring, but we will be back to chilly (not horrible, just a bit chilly) weather for at least another 10 days. We're expecting all temps in the 50's. It could be worse, for sure. Yesterday I chose to go out with Travis and enjoy the lovely day. Maybe today I will finish up that youth doll that is so close to being done. Or maybe I will do nothing. I definitely need some do-nothing days every now and then. But the doll is SO CLOSE I might just have to do it. 
 

No comments: