Monday, March 14, 2022

More Tack

     Yesterday I got some more tack in the mail. While I was contemplating selling off a whole bunch of stuff I was completing an order with Jana Skybova for some pink and black jumper boots. I have been wanting a pink and black set from her for a while and was really happy to get them. They are also not inspiring me to want to show. In fact, I took this photo, obviously without even removing them from the ziplock baggie, and I put them in the tack room. I don't know when they will get on a horse. Now is not that time. And I am still considering going through the tack room again and culling a bit more. But first I think I will get after the random bag of hobby and miniature stuff that is in the back of my car. With yesterday's shipping I have a noticeable amount more space in the car. Which is wonderful. For anyone that doesn't know, the back of my car is a storage area because we just don't have any space here. So I am going to keep working at that and see how much more I can let go of. I am definitely enjoying the purging. Spring is coming, time to get the clear out kicked into high gear!
     There are things that baffle me about my students. Like when I give them a class day to do make up work, tell them that is is NOT a free period and if they owe me stuff they will get a zero if they are not working on things, and then many choose to do nothing. Not one, but several reminders of these things. I can also guarantee that 3 days before term ends a bunch of them are going to demand a list of things they owe, without having once looked in their folder (where I put nearly everything they miss when they are absent) or checking aspen. You know, because what I really dream about at night is grading at the last second. It really keeps me up at night hoping that I will get the chance to low-key panic about not having enough time to get it done (because I am sure as hell not doing it at home for free). And yes, those two very sarcastic statements sort of cancel each other out. They make as much sense as the decisions of many of my students. 
     Other than being completely confused about the decisions of my high school students, it was not a bad day yesterday. There was the chance for one of the classes to be pretty horrific, but I ended up sending a kid out for being disruptive. If I ask you to stop meowing (I wish I was making that up), that does not mean you start barking. And if I ask you to listen because I don't want to talk over you, that is not your invitation to argue with me about every little thing. So my day could have, and has been, so much worse. But it was only Monday. There is still plenty of time for things to go downhill. 
     I of course got no doll work done yesterday. It was laundry day and I knew that wouldn't happen. Hopefully today will be super productive. I'll let you know tomorrow. 
 

1 comment:

Marilou said...

I was a teacher/administrator for 37 year. I know exactly what you’re talking about! Hang in there…