Friday, March 25, 2022

New Home

     Bootlegger went to live with my friend Jessica. And I am really happy about it. I have not felt like showing, at all, have not shown Bootlegger much in recent years anyway, and I felt it was time to let him go. I was sad when Jessica asked to buy him, but also relieved. She told me he is one that was on her list of horses she would love to own. I was thrilled he was going to a great home, she was thrilled it was her home, it seems like a win-win all around. 
    The other day I got a message from Jessica saying that Bootlegger was out for delivery. Then later I got a message that he arrived and he was perfect. Big sigh of relief from me! It is mildly terrifying shipping a valuable horse. Jessica was working (stupid work) so didn't have time to tack up and play with Bootlegger until later. But then I got this cool photo. 
     It could potentially have made me sad again, but it made me really happy. I know he is a toy horse, but he's a fairly special toy horse, that I had for a lot of years, and it was good to see him getting played with again. And what a gorgeous photo!
     So then another day, or two (I lost track), passed and I got a couple more photos, including this one. 
     While it is not really at all the same, it reminded me of this natural trail photo I took of Bootlegger, which might be just about my favorite picture I ever took of him. Even the bridge in the background is far enough away that it works. At least in my opinion. 
     Jessica takes some really excellent photos and this next one is no exception. I LOVE this so much!
     And again, while it is not at all the same, it brought to mind this photo I took of Bootlegger. Careful Jessica! Clearly Bootlegger can be a mischievous horse!
    I am really glad to see that Bootlegger made it safely to his new home and that he is bringing joy to another collector. Not to say I didn't like him anymore, I totally did, but he is obviously making Jessica happy, and THAT brings me joy. 

2 comments:

timaru star ii said...

This is a great post.

Adah R. (Spotted Dreams Studio) said...

I agree. The eye candy in it makes me want to drool!