Sunday, March 13, 2022

More Shipping


      So what else did I do this weekend? I sold stuff. Which is SO much more involved than that. I listed stuff for sale that I already had pulled out and taken photos of. And then after messaging back and forth with buyers I packed things, weighed, measured and added postage. I also went out and bought a couple of overpriced boxes from CVS. Good times. And now I am going to stress until the packages arrived because one of the buyers seems very particular about things. So hopefully everything goes well. I have a little bit less stuff than I did last week and I am OK with that. I also still want to keep at it. I want to go through more things, with a brutal eye, and pull things out. I know I have downsized before, but now I want to REALLY downsize. Simplifying my life sounds really nice right now. 

     In other news, I spent a bit of time with my kids this weekend. I spend a lot of time with Travis all the time, but I see Elecktra less now. Did I say she moved out? I know when she first moved I asked if I could share and she wasn't ready just yet. But it's been a bit now, maybe a month, and she has been in her own place. All of her people also now know, which was why she wanted me to keep it to myself before. Anyway, it is cool and sucks all at the same time. I miss seeing her every day. But it's so cool that she is out adulting. I have never lived alone. I have thought about it and I don't think I have even ever stayed in a place by myself at night. At least not that I can remember. Anyway, I got to spend some time with Elecktra. She and Travis and I all went out for a bit. Definitely nice. The weather was cold and windy, but sunny. So it LOOKED nice as long as you had the heat blasting in the car. Tomorrow will be a high of 51 and the entire 10 day is 51 or warmer. We are one week from Spring, I am 5 days from the weekend, and 5 weeks from April vacation. Yes, these are things I think about and calculate. And I may or may not have a stack of calendar pages on my desk at school with the countdown to the end of the year (I totally do). I wish I was enjoying the job, but mostly I am not. The kids are so entitled and ungrateful at best and wild and unruly at the worst. I just want to teach them some science and math. That didn't seem like too much to ask. 
     
     I meant to make a cowboy at the end of last week and that didn't happen. I thought about working on him this weekend but that also didn't happen. Today is laundry day and that is definitely not going to happen. Maybe, hopefully, tomorrow I can get him finished up. I have many aspects of him started, so hopefully I can stop slacking off and just finish. And then I need to rebuild a youth doll so I can get her finished. After that I have a couple of western pleasure dolls and an unusual doll... and I have no time or focus. THIS more than anything else is why I am currently thinking that I should consider not taking commissions. That and sometimes it would just be more fun to make whatever I want. Or nothing if that is what I want. I still don't know what the future holds. So I will keep on teaching and making dolls. And hoping for sunshine. 

2 comments:

Adah R. (Spotted Dreams Studio) said...

Wow. You're weather is creepily similar to mine. My high for March 14th is also 51. My weather today was identical to what you described. Are you sure you live in Ludlow, MA, and not Erie County, PA? Lol. Congrats on selling your stuff and seeing your daughter!

Adah R. (Spotted Dreams Studio) said...

*your weather* not "you are weather"
oops