Monday, March 21, 2022

Customer Photos

     I absolutely LOVE getting performance photos from customers! I even enjoy a quick and sloppy shot of a new doll just plopped haphazardly on their horse and standing on a kitchen counter. But when I get some really cool, really nice shots like the ones I got the other day from Christy Greene, it's something special.
     I really love this shot of the sliding horse! I have always been fascinated by people's "dust clouds". I know it is often animal hair, but I kind of think maybe Christy uses something different. I don't really know, but I know it looks nice. 
     I also really love the back shot of the team. I loved how the design on this top came out and seeing it "in action" is extra fun. 
    Christy sent me some other photos as well. I like this one a lot because it reminds me of a much nicer version of sales photos I used to take. When I was taking photos (when I bothered to put the dolls on horses... I have been slacking in that) I would take pics from the side, but it would be mostly doll, not much horse. And this photo, which looks like it was taken in portrait mode on an iPhone (or Christy just knows how to use a real camera... a skill I barely possess) is really cool. I love outdoor photos because you really can't get a more realistic lighting than shooting in the outdoors. 
    And this photo just looks like a really nice pleasure photo. The doll looks fairly relaxed, the horse looks comfortable, they look like they are working well together. And it makes me happy. 
     I had another good day at school yesterday. I am working really hard at not expecting bad behavior. Bad behavior happens so often it is hard not to expect it, but I am trying. I had a couple of good days recently. All day. One of them was on a full moon, which has got to be some kind of miracle. Today and tomorrow we have MCAS, so the kids have half days (unless they are testing). I hate proctoring, it is insanely boring, and I may have to rethink a lot of my lesson plans. Just for the fact that a lot of my kids will likely skip school because they feel coming in for a half day (which counts as a full day) is a waste of time. It doesn't make sense to start new things if most of the class is missing. So we'll see. But so far my week is good and I am pleased with that. 
 

1 comment:

Adah R. (Spotted Dreams Studio) said...

Love those photos. Reining is my favorite. I use raw needle felting wool for my dust. It's crazy realistic.