Thursday, March 24, 2022

Small Happy Things

     My good friend, Brandi, is the NHS advisor. She sent an email to the school that there were cupcakes in the copy room. I knew of these cupcakes because I had already been to the copy room. Her email said they were leftover from the NHS induction ceremony and there were also flowers from it. Well, I can't have the cupcakes but I like flowers. This silly text exchange came out of it. 
     I did NOT eat the flowers, in case anyone was wondering. I took half of them and left half for someone else. That someone was likely my friend Leah, who came in to make some copies, and I shared my joy at getting some flowers. It really does not take much to make me happy. Good friends, second-hand flowers, it was a good day. 

      I got home and there was a package on the table for me. A tiny package. It was my mini Fireheart model. These were sent free to members of the 2021 premier club in good standing. I sold my full-size Fireheart since he was BIG and was not going to be a particularly versatile performance horse, but I have room for the small version. At least for now. I am still in major purge mode so I might decide to rehome him sooner or later, but for now he can stay and look cute. 
     Yesterday was a pretty decent day. I had a mostly good day at school, with a bit of frustration since in one of the classes many members were extraordinarily upset that new material we were working on was not immediately easy to understand. That is why I make them use fill-in notes, instead of just handing them finished notes. I want them to engage with what we are learning. I also want them to follow along, which I repeated over and over. I want them to ask questions when they don't understand, but I also want them to pay attention when I am explaining things. Not everything is simple. Sometimes you have to work at a thing, especially a new thing, until it clicks. Some things just take more work than others. 
     Speaking of that, Travis and I stopped at Joann's after school and I picked up some supplies. Some was for other random sewing projects, then some glue (because I always need glue) and something to work on not an average doll. I made some small pieces, they took a long time, and I still have a long way to go. But progress was made, and I am proud of my hard work. It was a good day. 

 

No comments: