Saturday, June 12, 2021

Happy and Sad

     In May I ordered a bunch of new fabrics from Spoonflower. I love the variety of designs that can be found on that site! I always make sure to check the ruler feature when ordering fabrics, since not every design will work for miniature items. Sometimes I mess up. These patterns are clearly too large to make 1:9 scale items (my hand is for scale). But I really love them. I sent the designer a message to see if they can shrink the patterns. We'll see. Another fun thing was that together these designs seem perfect for June, which is pride month. 
     
      There have been a lot of these masks in school this month. Members of the LGBTQ+ community are wearing them. Allies are wearing them. Students and staff are wearing them. I don't love disposable masks but I do love equality. We have come a long way, but we have not managed equality yet. 
     So I am happy with my horse fabrics, but sad that I can't use them for miniatures. I am happy that Lynn Isenbarger can use them though. I am sure she will make something amazing. I am happy that there is a pride month and that people are showing support for the LGBTQ+ community. Though at LHS the support is continuous. This month we just turned it up a bit. I am sad that people are still treated differently for any number of reasons. I am happy that transgender individuals are starting to be acknowledged more. Yes, please tell me your preferred pronouns and please forgive me if I sometimes mess up. I will keep trying to do better. 
     Happy pride month everyone!


 

No comments: