Friday, June 25, 2021

Why the Chicken Crossed the Road Photo Show

     Last night was the live results show for the Why the Chicken Crossed the Road photo show. The judging was done on Facebook so results rolled in at different times on different days. Part of what I like about a show being on Facebook is you can sort of see real-time results. Unless you judge like me. I always judge first, write down my placings, and then post them all at once. I am mean that way, lol. I do that on ponybytes as well. 
     I think the first results that came in were from the halter portion of the show. And I was really surprised to say the least. I don't remember the last time I placed in halter. Or maybe I just haven't paid attention. But there were 120 entries in the pony and miniature class. To get an honorable mention was pretty fantastic. 
     In the other performance division, Purdy Zippin Chick got an honorable mention with her saddle training entry in the other performance class. (41 entries)

And Mocha Latte got 6th in Scene with her portrait painting entry. (56 entries)
In the creativity challenge, Mocha Latte was 6th in No Such Thing as a Free Lunch (24 entries)
Mocha Latte went in to Look Before You Leap with this jester performance entry. It was a bit of a stretch but managed 5th place. (23 entries)

     None of my entries placed at all in English. Which was a bit of a bummer. But this show was ginormous and many of the entries were exceptional. 
      Things were a bit better in the western division. Bring the Mayhem got 6th in Extreme Cowboy (19 entries) again proving that an OF horse can show with CM horses. 
    Though Purdy Zippin Chick's 1st place entry in Western Gymkhana and Games was much more impressive. (56 entries).
Purdy Zippin Chick then got 3rd in the Western Pattern Class (47 entries)
5th in Western Trail. (63 entries)
And 4th in the Western Rail Class (63 entries)
     Danielle had a dozen "good egg" awards. She decided on the themes before the show and as she found photos that really matched her idea she took note of them. Mocha Latte won the good egg award for "it's the little things". Danielle liked my use of props, especially with the tiny jar of Liquitex modeling paste and Rustoleum primer. 

Thank you Danielle for an amazingly fun show and a new idea I may have to steal for my show. I am thinking I might add some halter classes...

1 comment:

Danielle Feldman said...

So glad you enjoyed the show. Congrats on your well-deserved wins!