Thursday, April 21, 2022

All the Pet Toys

     Yesterday was a little rough for me. I woke up tired and basically stayed tired all day. I thought again about working on the western side saddle doll and then decided I would make a whole bunch of pet toys. So I made a bunch of little catnip mice and rope toys. I need more rope toys, but I ran out of rope. 
      I also made a bunch of feather toys. We need to keep the 1:9 scale barn kitties entertained after all. 
     After I made pet toys I was pretty much done. I was tired and unmotivated. I sort of wanted to head to Joann's to get more of the cord so I could get the rope toys finished, but then it didn't happen. And then when Travis convinced me to go out (we went for a walk, around the mall, since it was raining again) I forgot. I really wish I knew what was going on with me. I don't know if it's the weather, not wanting to go back to school, general uncertainty about the future, or the need for more exercise. Or something completely different. I just know that I am very meh again. Oh wait. Maybe it means the seasons are changing again. I do get all weird, tired, and unmotivated for a couple of weeks when the seasons change. Maybe there is hope for Spring. Or maybe we will skip right over it and move right into Summer. 
     Anyway, tired and unmotivated though I was, I still managed to put together and photograph some cat sets for my next live sale. I will likely get the dog sets done later today, if I can manage to go out and get the cord to make the rest of the rope toys. If I can talk myself into making things to go in saddlebags, maybe those sets will get finished today too. Or at least worked on. Or maybe I will work on lunch bags. Who knows. Maybe I will be too unmotivated to do anything. Good thing I have lots of books and still have the desire to read. I haven't lost all hope in myself. 


 

3 comments:

Adah R. (Spotted Dreams Studio) said...

You are so lucky to have a Joanns close by. My nearest Joanns or Hobby Lobby is a little over an hour away! I love those cat sets!

timaru star ii said...

Hang in there. Motivation is like the Muse; sometimes it just vanishes, for reasons of its own. Congrats on some pretty cute pet toys!

ELauer said...

Sometimes you just need to make time for yourself and there's nothing wrong with that. {{huggs}}