Saturday, April 2, 2022

Western pleasure

     I tackled the medieval fantasy doll from this order before the western pleasure doll for a couple of reasons. One, it is often a good idea to get the harder parts of a project out of the way first. Not always, but sometimes. I was pretty sure I could make the fantasy doll, but hadn't made anything like her before so I was not sure how she would come out. I have made lots of western pleasure dolls, and the reference pic was one of my own designs. I knew I could tackle this one. Turns out, I was right.  
     It's not a complex design at all, but I really love how it comes together. And I LOVE the red and the black together! This doll makes me really happy. And makes me wonder why I don't own a western pleasure doll in red and black. Hmm...
    Yesterday I was in cleaning mode again. I went through my 1:9 scale miniatures and pulled out a random bunch of things and listed them for sale. I also pulled out a random bunch of 1:6 scale purses I made a long time ago and listed those for sale. I put horses on MH$P and I attacked parts of my house that needed extra cleaning. Like, dusting the top of the cabinet doors. And dusting the things that hang over my kitchen sink. I have crystals and windchimes, a unicorn ornament, and all of it was furry (gross!) so I got into that. Then I just had to wash the dishes that were in the sink, so I could wash the sink, and take apart the drain catch things and clean those. After that I had to clean the counters and the stove... you see where this is going, don't you? I had a cleaning day for sure. I wanted to do some other cleaning projects but I am out of gloves. And some projects you just need gloves for. 
     I still want to go through basically everything I own and purge a whole bunch more stuff. But I don't want to just throw things out (which would be a very easy way to purge, but is super wasteful and hurts me) and some things are very hard to rehome. And knowing how hard it is to rehome things makes it harder for me to talk myself into doing the sorting and purging. But it's coming. A bit at a time. 

 

1 comment:

timaru star ii said...

I have reached the stage where cleaning the lint trap to the dryer is a reward for myself. Yours sound familiar.