Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Western Pleasure

     I have been working away on a new western pleasure doll. She is the first doll I am making on the new Lena doll, from KC's Galloping Gals, and I think she will be fantastic! It will be so cool to see a different face in the show rings. I had a wide variety of reference photos to choose from and ended up basing this design vaguely off of my favorite of the designs, with some artistic license thrown in. 
     This doll still needs bling, and a head, but I think she is coming along really well. I like both the front and the back designs of this coat. I might like the back a bit more... but maybe not. I usually like one side more than the other for some reason.
     Yesterday was another rough day at school. I have been going over basics that the kids need to build a foundation for any higher math. Working hard to teach it and to make sure that they are learning it. And you know what many of them are doing? Cheating. Using photo math, copying off each other, sometimes looking up the answers online. Not only is that incredibly frustrating to me, but it isn't doing them any favors. I don't care if they get the wrong answers. I want them to try. I want them to learn. I want them to use the notes that I am constantly providing for them. I want them to ask for help if they don't understand, or accept help if it is offered. I want them to not argue with me when I explain how to do the work. Seriously, I had a kid arguing with me because it appeared to him that there were different rules for different problems (there were not). 
      I am glad that Travis gets dropped off at LHS and I can just meet him out front when I get out. It meant that after my crap day I got a hug from one of my favorite people with no wait time. It meant that I had a really pleasant person to ride home with, who could also remind me what day of the week it was. Now I know that I only have 2 days left until the weekend. Which means only 6 school days until April break. I think I am going to do quite a lot of nothing during break (lol, OK, sure). 

No comments: