Monday, April 4, 2022

Apparently, No Such Thing

     Yesterday, I asked how many puzzles was too many puzzles for my classroom. I didn't really expect an answer to that. Yesterday, I also didn't really expect that the majority of a couple of my classes would be hard at work on puzzles when their work was finished. But it happened. I had kids working together, kids working alone, kids changing their mind on which puzzle they wanted to work on. I did also have some kids giving up, which sucks, but they are high school kids, and they have not had to work hard in a while. And puzzles can be hard. This first puzzle I got from the Dollar Tree. It is quite flimsy, but for $1.25 I am not complaining about it. 
The unicorn puzzle was one of the Amazon purchases. It has glitter in it! This is a much higher quality than the herd of horses above. 
     I am so glad that someone chose to put together Starry Night! I did have to cut out a bit of cardboard and block part of the blower, because it is insane. I had some paper over that bit, but that was not cutting it. It blew right off and exploded the corner of the puzzle. The bit of cardboard and duct tape seems to be doing well though. This is a really nice, fairly large (for a 100 piece puzzle) very nice quality puzzle. But this was the priciest of the puzzles I bought recently. But with the kids not being on their phones (as much) and even interacting with each other (who does that???) It was worth it. 
    Yesterday the March offering from Maggie's monthly micros arrived. Tempestade is still a micro, but he is BIG! And he is looking for a new home. I am still in major purge mode. $50 including US shipping if anyone wants him. 

    I may continue to talk about puzzles, depending on if the kids keep on using them or not. I really hope they do. It would be terrible if they lost interest in them so quickly. But I do know that the new things seem to excite them a bit. And there are A LOT of new puzzles in the classroom. I wonder if I should see who else has games and things in the school (I know many teachers do). I could see if we could do a swap, even if it's just for a couple of weeks.
    Speaking of weeks, I was working on lesson plans and I realized that the seniors are almost done! We have the rest of this week and then next week, after that is vacation. Then there are 2 more weeks of classes for the seniors, with the week after that being the week of their finals! Holy cow! I guess I need to start figuring out a final... I'm not ready!
 

No comments: