Monday, April 18, 2022

Is This Fashion?

     There are days when I make comments about being/getting old. Usually it's a joke, but there are times that I really wonder. Yesterday a former student came to harass me in the laundromat (literally said that they had had too many complaints about me and I had to leave. So I turned around and laughed at him). We had a bit of a chat about how he was doing, how was his sister (she was one of mine too) and rounded out the conversation with I don't like to drive at night, highway or not (it fit in the conversation, I swear) because it's hard to see. I said, I guess that means I'm old. He laughed and said he had never heard anyone say that before. Yesterday was also the day I got the comment "you look good for your age". Thanks. I know that statement is meant as a compliment... but maybe she meant I look younger than I am? Which is also not exactly a compliment... Whatever, driving at night is hard, lol.
      Anyway, the beginning of this post was because I am feeling old in the world of fashion. Mostly because I just don't get it. Now I realize that I got this tank top from Walmart, and Walmart is not a high fashion place. But they likely get their ideas from actual fashion, don't they? Anyway, I bought it because it looked comfy, which is something I look for in summer clothes, it was slightly different from the other 8 black tank tops I already have, and I didn't think about it much beyond that. Until I got home, tried it on to make sure it fit (it does). And then I really looked at it. 
     What is this? All of the outside seems look like this. This is on purpose! It is properly finished on the inside, it is just purposely made to look like it's inside out. And then this back seam has that weird extra bit that I will have to trim off because not only does it look like it's inside out, it looks incredibly sloppy.  
     I am sure I will keep this top, and wear it. It is comfy, and isn't super low cut, which I care about for school. But then again, do I want to wear this sloppy looking shirt for school? But I also don't really care what I wear when it's 95 and 85% humidity (which is sadly a real thing here). We don't have AC so at that point everything is going to look sloppy. Might as well start in right when I wake up, lol!
      This was just a weird thing I thought I would share. Not only do I now hate driving at night (have for years, but didn't always) because it is hard to see, I just don't get fashion. I also don't understand how the 90's crop tops came back, most of the girls in school are wearing them, but they are cold so they are also bringing blankets to school. Fashion makes no sense. Kids make no sense. Yeah, maybe I am getting old.  
 

No comments: