Sunday, April 24, 2022

Weekend Report and Dog Sets


     Yesterday was another purging day for me. The weather in the morning and early afternoon was actually really good. It was only the low 60's, but it was sunny and not windy. Weird. So I decided I needed to sort through all of the things in the back of my car that I have pulled out to sell and just focus and see what I could get rid of. The problem with having things you have decided to let go of is how to make them go if you don't want to just throw them away, give them away, or have no idea how or where to donate them. I have collected some random stuff over the years from holding shows, showing, my crazy Breyer purchasing of last year, and so on. I have a variety of things that I am trying to rehome and it is tough without just giving all the things away. But there comes a point where having more space and less stuff is very desirable. So I put together a big lot of stuff; NIB stuff, stablemates in packages and loose, miniatures, and other odds and ends, and I sold them as a show hosting lot for a super bargain. I definitely did not make back the money I spent on that batch of items. But I did pull together a large amount of stuff to clear out all at once. And that made me happy. Soon I may have managed to rehome enough things that I won't have the entire space in the back of my car filled up and being used for storage. How fun will that be? We just don't know. I also reduced the price on a couple of other horses I am selling. If anyone is looking for a Recoloso at a really excellent price, I have one. 
       The afternoon weather was not as good I am sad to say. Travis and I went out and did some errands while Ethan did some repairs on his van. It was still nice and sunny. But shortly after we got back the clouds came in, which made it immediately seem so much chillier than with the sun. It also made me tired. So I read some, we had supper and then all went to Walmart together. We went to a further away one than where we normally go and had a nice chat with the cashier as we were leaving. It was a nice drive and I didn't have to drive in the dark (which I hate). It's weird that doing errands with your loved ones can make them better. Hopefully the nice weekend will fortify me for going back to school tomorrow. I think there are only 39 days left. I have to count again. 

No comments: