Saturday, April 9, 2022

This Was a Good Plan

     I think I started on this fancy hunter mare shortly after I finished my horse for the Breyerfest Best Customs Contest last year. This time I chopped off her entire neck and built a new one. And then she sat in the closet. For a long time. Yesterday, I decided that maybe it was time to take her out and at least see what I am dealing with. See if I have an insanely long way to go to make her a somewhat reasonable horse. 
     And I decided to do it with a new primer. This is the same brand that makes the Mr. Super Clear which is so great for doing pastel work. This stuff has really good reviews for working with small models, which said to me it was not going to be thick and ruin any details. So it was time to try it out. 
     So I added a couple of layers of primer. And you know what? It looks to me like a horse neck. I need to add a bit of something to the join between the neck and the body on this side, smooth the jawline a little bit more, and smooth out the neck in general. But... it looks like a neck. 
     The other side also needs some smoothing, but I am not displeased with how this is coming along. This side looks like it needs a bit more epoxy and smoothing, but it is one of those things that when I look at it, I am impressed that this is something I did. 
     I am not looking for critique. I'm not even looking for a pat on the back. I am just sharing. I decided I like customizing, though that is something else I don't really have time for, and I am working on something that is new to me and sharing a bit of it. If you like her, I'm glad. If you hate her, that's fine too, she's mine. I used tutorials and reference photos. And I really like her. 




 

No comments: