Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Thinking About Spring

       The weather is thinking about being Spring. At least some of the time. The weeping cherry tree in my neighbor's yard is blooming and looking amazing. I am very jealous of this tree and wish it was in my yard. 
     My daylilies are working on growing. I saw some out in a yard on the way to do the laundry the other day. This bit of garden does not get perfect sunlight, so sometimes things take longer to bloom. And yes, this area needs some serious work. It has everything from last year's daylilies, Fall leaves, and bits of grass that decided to migrate from the lawn. And weeds. We have weeds. But the daylilies are coming.  
    The maple trees don't yet believe that it is Spring. They have all the little berries on them. And the cars also have all the little berries on them. But nothing like a leaf yet. But maybe soon. Things are inching towards Spring at least. 
     It's hard to believe that it is already almost May. It's so chilly still a lot of the time. And we still have our heat on, which was never a thing in the past. April 1st we used to turn the heat off. We would have a few chilly mornings, but it wasn't bad. This year I think we would have frozen a few nights in April without the heat on. Silly Spring is missing. 
     Yesterday was not a bad day at school. Not a super fantastic day, but not a bad day. I had some goofiness, as usual, and I had to tell a couple of classes, a couple of times, that we have talked about respect over and over, and I wasn't getting any. But in general, it was a nice day. for one of my classes I did need to call the assistant principal down and ask him to talk to a couple of the kids, who were being absolutely ridiculous and disruptive. But they were not making me mad, just being goofy to each other. And then hitting each other. That "playing" can escalate, and I don't need it. So I called admin and taught one student, who was paying attention. No one made me yell. No one said that me not yelling was stupid. I got a good chunk of work done. I think I maybe even got some kids to learn some things. That's nice. 
    Today I need to see if I can get some sewing done. I have some more bags in the works. I want to do some other designs and see what I can come up with and what I like. Last night I made a round one with pockets. I love it. Time to play with some more designs. I am having a weirdly good time sewing. 
 

1 comment:

timaru star ii said...

Not mad but goofy.... Weirdly good. This really describes the season! Congrats, you have captured it.