Thursday, April 28, 2022

Vaulting

     I don't remember why I asked Jennifer Buxton to make me vaulting tack, but I did. And I have gotten a big kick out of showing my vaulting set. I even branched out with it and use it for my jester scene. It's different and fun.
    At this point I think I have made 5 or 6 vaulting dolls. Which in the grand scheme of 16 years and 1400+ dolls (I have no idea and really need to do an updated count!) that is not very many. The newest one was made for Hannah Clark. Hannah sent me some really great photos and is allowing me to share them here. 
     I can just see this doll getting ready to hoist herself up in a way I could never even imagine myself being able to do. The strength and control is amazing. 
     This is a pose I could possibly pull off with one of my setups, though it is harder than it looks to make the doll stay on in this position. 
     I don't love having to use acrylic rods in setups, but this really does make this extra cool! The dolls just couldn't do something cool like this without being held up in some way. 
     I'm not sure where the vaulter is going with this pose, but I love how bored the handler looks. He's upset that there was not enough room to do a set-up where he could be involved. Don't pout suit-dude! There will be work for you soon enough. 
     As always, if you have photos of dolls I have made, from shows or just from fun set-ups, I would love to share them. Send me an email at fieldofdolls@gmail.com or message me on Facebook. 
 

1 comment:

Adah R. (Spotted Dreams Studio) said...

My favorite picture is definitely the last one, the handler's face is just perfect for that scene! 😂