Friday, April 1, 2022

Not Your Typical Doll

     I have been really busy again. I seem to have too much to do, most of the time, and I feel like I have no time for myself. I am really kind of afraid that one of these days I am just going to shut down and not be able to function at all. I did have a nice me-day on Tuesday for my birthday, but I feel like I need more than once a year. We'll see I guess. Only 9 more school days until April break. 
     Even though I have been very busy, and border lining on frantic at the amount of stuff I have going on, I have been managing to get some doll work done. Mostly painlessly. This medieval fantasy type doll is not a typical doll. Anything that involves armor takes more work and more time, but she was really interesting to make. And so very different from any doll I have ever made before! 
    I am really excited about how she came out. She is not exact to the reference, she wasn't meant to be, but she was based off it. She should be an excellent rider, though I have not actually put her on a horse!
     This is definitely a time when the somewhat severe face of the Yvonne-type dolls is really just perfect. If I had any use for a doll like this I would consider making one for myself. But I still have a youth doll I need to finish making, an Arabian rider, and I am sure there is something else I am missing from my list. I am definitely at the bottom of the list of people who gets dolls from me. 
    It's the weekend and for once we are not expecting rain today. Which probably means it will be really cold, really windy, or both. That seems to be how the weather goes these days. I guess I will have to wait and see. Maybe I can do something nice for me this weekend. Read a book maybe. I have been buying too many again and I think I currently have 6 new ones to read. Oops. 


 

1 comment:

timaru star ii said...

Having had a necessary nap myself today, I can sympathize. Hang in there. Your body needs support if it's going to keep on serving you so well. Your doll's armour looks just like leather, tho I know it's not. Fantastic job!