Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Sneak Peaks and Puzzles

      I am still working very hard at trying to keep the kids off their cell phones. Sometimes they just don't listen. Sometimes I am too busy to fight it (much). And sometimes there are people trying to undermine those goals because they are annoyed. My job is hard. I also think that it is worth the struggle to try to keep them off their phones as much as possible. Even if they get goofy, and sometimes a little loud, they are communicating with each other. And I can take that as a win. A hard earned win. A sometimes loud win.
      A group of kids was quietly silly yesterday and also working on one of the newest puzzles. I like this Mickey, he's cute. And I like that people are still interested in the puzzles. I want to keep it going, but like I said, the kids fight it and there is a bit of undermining. I'm going to keep pushing for it. And maybe I will start another puzzle for myself today. I have a flamingo one that no one has done yet. 
     I'm working on an order for a vaulting lady and a handler doll, aka, a guy in a suit. I actually made really good progress yesterday. I got the sewing done for two outfits and a really excellent start on the vaulting doll. I love when I can do interesting tricks to create a bodysuit. This was actually made in 2 pieces. I cut the bottom of the top at a steep angle, stitched it to the leggings and then covered the join over with a bit of fancy ribbon. Now it looks like it was made all in one piece. Once I add a bit of bling this should be really great. And I will also add a face of course. 
      I may or may not get this lady and her guy finished today. We'll see. He is started, I have his shirt on and partially done, and same with his pants. Once the clothes are sewn finishing a guy in a suit doesn't take all that long. So it is entirely possible that I might finish them both today. We will see what the afternoon brings. 

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stupid question: If I were to buy a doll from KC's Galloping Gals FB page, would it come with a face painted on? Sorry for the ignorance, I just never gave it any thought before!

Anne Field said...

Yes they are painted

Anonymous said...

Okay thank you! I was thinking of purchasing one to dress myself, but I was not prepared to tackle a face lol!