Monday, April 25, 2022

Backpacks

      Months ago, I started making miniatures for my live sale. The batch of items I made was meant for my birthday live sale, which I hold each year at the end of March. But I skipped that sale. I had too much going on, not enough time, and the sale would have been incredibly small, even if I managed to finish the things I started. When I started working on finishing things a couple of weeks ago, I realized I had more done than I thought. So I made all the things I needed to round out the sets of cat items, dog items, and saddlebag stuff. While searching for the other finished things I found these 8 backpacks I completely forgot that I had made. It was a nice surprise for sure. I have all the things ready to put into lunch bags, now I just need to make some bags. Maybe that will be the next thing I do. But likely not this week. I already have this week pretty well planned out. It has enough work that I get some things done, but not enough work that I have to push myself and make myself crazy with it. That seems like a good balance to me. 
    Yesterday was my first day back to work after 10 days off. It was super easy to fall back into the routine of school. I taught classes, asked kids the same questions I ask over and over, discovered that sometimes they are listening to me, I taught some new things, and it was in general a really great day. Right up until the last 5 minutes. That was when a kid decided to pick a fight with me about a couple of different things. He thought it was stupid that I yelled at a kid, the other day, for turning the lights on (the lights had just been flicked on and off again and I explained calmly that I really can't stand that and told the story). Because obviously there was NOTHING that came before playing with the lights. But then I was also told I should have yelled at the kid for all the other things, and I should just yell at all of them all the time for all the nonsense I deal with. Yup, that makes perfect sense. Honestly, the kid just argues with everyone for everything, but it was so close to being a perfect day. And then that was ruined, the blood pressure was up and I was mad. It really is so simple to remain firm on my decision not to teach again after this year. 
 

No comments: