Monday, April 11, 2022

Tack

     Yesterday got off to a really bad start. And you know that days that start badly can often stay that way. First, Travis's bus was 40 minutes late picking him up. The substitute driver that picked him up had to get another kid first, drop them off first, etc. So 40 minutes late picking Travis up, which also made me late for work. Not by a lot, but I was late to 1st period, which then made me feel like I was running to catch up all day. I guess the good part was that the day flew by incredibly quickly. I did have a couple of classes that really tested my patience with the cell phones. I really wish Ludlow would do what Chicopee did and just ban cell phones in school. It is honestly ridiculous how attached people are to their phones. Not just kids, though usually they are the worst for it. Anyway, I made it through school. Travis's bus picks up a couple of kids from LHS so I just wait for him there. So the bus pulled up (substitute again) and Travis jumped out of the can. I told the driver one of the kids was staying for Best Buddies, so she only had the one. She was bewildered and asked where Travis was and why he got out. I said, because he's mine. So apparently there is no communication within or from the bus company. The school called Ethan to say Travis was really late. Because the bus company didn't let them know. The whole system is kind of falling apart. 
     Anyway, I came home to some packages. One of them was a really awesome one from Jennifer Buxton. Repaired tack that comes home is LIKE new tack, isn't it? So I have my "new" tiny pony saddle back. Now I need to see if I can talk myself into finishing my youth doll. Who may or may not fit in this saddle anyway. I have a custom casual doll I built for this saddle, but I think she is the only one that fits this tiny one properly. I have to check. Maybe this weekend. 
     So I opened the larger-than-normal box from Jennifer and was baffled. What was this extra thing? I completely forgot that Jennifer wanted me to make her a doll to go with the awesome side saddle from Darleen Stoddard. Maybe I will do that over vacation. We're almost there. 
     When I unwrapped the saddle I found this tiny flamingo. It made me laugh. This is a very detailed tiny flamingo! I added it to the windowsill over my kitchen sink. There are flamingos in the 2 succulents on there and another free-standing one I got from one of the guidance councilors at school. It has company.
     So it is officially 3 days until April break. I am ready for it! I woke up yesterday morning thinking it was just 4 days, I could do it, no problem. Then yesterday actually happened and sort of derailed that thinking a little bit. Though, like I mentioned, the day did go by very quickly. Now to just go through a few more. I can do this

 

No comments: